Oversea Rentals handles personal information from users of This Site with respect and confidentiality and according to the law – and takes all reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is stored securely and accurately
Personal information stored by oversearentals
When registering, sending an enquiry or communicating through This Site, personal information such as name, phone number and email address will be saved in our database because Oversea Rentals needs to communicate important information such as inquiry message, booking confirmation, payment updates and other inquiries, product and payment related information.
Usage of personal informations
Personal information stored by Oversearentals will be used for the service provided, which includes, among others, the following purposes: bookings, enquiries, account administration, marketing activities, payments, sending communications, fraud detections and preventions, analytical purposes.
The personal data provided by users through the website are only used in accordance with the purpose for which the data has been collected.
1 User account: The processing of this data is for the execution and provision of the corresponding services: Ad management and registration of your data to facilitate management and contact with the user. This data is kept for the duration of the commercial relationship.
2 Contact form: Response to communications initiated by an interested party. The treatment of this data is legitimised by the consent from the interested party. In this case, the data is kept according to the purpose for which it has been collected for, and for a maximum of 12 months, unless the party withdraws their consent before this.
3 Inquiries and requests: Sending and managing reservation requests to the owners or managers from the Oversearentals. This data is collected for the initial communication, necessary for future rental contracts or pre-contractual measures carried out by the interested party. This data is kept for as long as the commercial relationship continues and during the years necessary to comply with any legal obligations.
4 Surveys: We do feedback surveys from time to time and we request users to input their valuable comments on our services or their experience with us. The decision to answer the survey is solely with the user. Users may or may not fill in the details depending on their discretion.
5 Subscription to our offers and promotion: Sending information of our promotions, offers, deals and distribution of activities by Oversearentals. This data treatment is legitimised by the consent of the interested party and the data will be kept as long as the party is interested.
6 Subscription to our newsletter: Sending advertising about our products and services; information about promotions, distribution of activities and events organised by Oversearentals. The treatment of this data is legitimised by the consent of the interested party. This data will be kept as long as the interested party does not request the cessation of activity.
7. Rating and Reviews : This data is collected to verify the user and avoid fake reviews and ratings. However it may also be used for sending information of our promotions, offers, deals and distribution of activities by Oversearentals, to share newsletter, to do feedback surveys, to send information about our products and services; information about promotions, distribution of activities and events organised by Oversearentals.
Personal data protection
Oversea Rentals employs all strict security measures to safeguard personal information and prevent disclosure to third parties without the user’s permission.
Oversea Rentals will keep the user’s data safe thus cooperation with our security checks may be necessary before disclosing any information. Information will be retained for a reasonable period, or as long as legally required. To this extent, payments made through Oversearentals are done via a third party secure certified payment provider and Oversearentals does not store the full credit card details and is not liable for errors or losses on payments or money transfers.
As part of This Site, Oversea Rentals provides an internal account that allows direct written communication between the Guest and the Owner. For security purposes, Oversea Rentals has an automated system that screens all communications for malicious or fraudulent content. That includes spam and the limitation of certain file types.
Oversea Rentals may also mask contact information which can be used to establish contact outside the Secure communication system. In case of detecting a communication with malicious content, it may be blocked entirely. All communications sent and received using our site will be stored by Oversea Rentals. To the extent permitted by law, Oversearentals will only access internal communications between Owners and Guests if required by law, if strictly necessary for security or law enforcement purposes. Oversearentals otherwise have a legitimate interest, such as to detect and prevent fraud and misuse. No communications will ever be passed on to a third party except if required by the law. Overseas Rentals may analyse anonymized content of communications to improve its services.
In case that in the compliance of the commercial relationship, third parties personal data would be communicated to Oversearentals. the user guarantees that he is authorised to communicate such data and that he has provided the data subject with the relevant information related to his communication in compliance with the legal provisions in force. Should this not be the case the user will be responsible for any infringement or penalty that could be granted to the Oversearentals all and could indemnify and keep it harmless in this respect.
For the exercise of the legal rights to access, rectification, cancellation or opposition to the data treatment a written request by the data subject should be sent to the customer service department on following email firstname.lastname@example.org.
No personal data will be transferred to third parties.
Depending on the purpose in question, any personal data collected is categorised as a form of personal identification. This data can be in the form of your name, surname, nationality, as well as personal details such as – contact information, telephone number, postal address and email address. All of this data will be treated with strict confidentiality, applying technical and organisational security measures. Oversea Rentals will not communicate this personal data to third parties, unless it is required to do so for legal or jurisdictional purposes or if the communication of this data is necessary in relation to the purpose of the treatment itself.
Changes to company Status
Oversea Rentals reserves the right to disclose the collected information to any new Owner for the event of entering into an ownership agreement with another business. Oversea Rentals will not otherwise disclose, sell, or distribute the information to any third party without permission – unless required to do so by law.
Oversea Rentals handles personal information from users of This Site with respect and confidentiality and according to the law – and takes all reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is stored securely and accurately.
Applications and Subject of the Contract
Contracts and Registrations
Sending the registration and Advert request hereby constitutes a legally-binding offer to the Provider to conclude a contract on the use of the Platform as a Property Owners or Managers . A confirmation message will be sent automatically by email after receipt of the registration request. This does not constitute acceptance of the offer by the us. The offer is only accepted by us activating an user account for the Property Owners or Managers . The Property Owners or Managers shall receive a corresponding notification by email concerning this.
In order to be able to use the Platform as a Property Owners or Managers , it is first necessary to register on the Platform online. A contract on use of the Platform as a Property Owners or Managers comes into being by completing the registration process and the site activating a user account. It is necessary to post an initial offer on the Platform for activation (hereinafter Advert).
With the conclusion of the Contract, the Provider, as operator of the Platform, enables use of the Platform according to the features offered as a Traveller or Property Owner or Manager. There are no further obligations beyond use of the Platform for the Provider. In particular, the Provider does not let or rent any holiday accommodations or hotels.
Travellers can register free of charge online and have the provider set up a user account for them to help them to inquire about the properties they are interested in, etc. In this case, an agreement covering use of the platform as a registered traveller is created at the end of the registration process. Sending the registration enquiry constitutes a legally binding agreement on the use of the platform as a registered user. This is accepted through the activation of the user account
The Contracting Parties may not register for a user account multiple times. It is permissible to register as a Property Owner or Manager and Traveller.
The transmission of the travelers personal contact details is mandatory for making contact with the owner and for the booking process. Once the booking inquiry has been sent the traveller registers free of charge at www.oversearentals.com. The renter agrees to a free user account being set up automatically on sending an inquiry. This account makes it easier for travelers to manage their enquiries.
Uses of Platform as Property Owner or Manager
On registration, the property owner or manager is obligated to enter truthful information as to its personal identity, the properties offered, and the payment details, and only to offer properties for which it has power of disposal.
On completion of the Sign up process, the property owner or manager can use the Platform within the features offered. This particularly includes administration of its own user account and publishing Adverts. Its user account is accessed via a login process.
In managing its user account, the property owner or manager can publish and process information for itself and manage its Adverts within the features activated.
In publishing Adverts, the property owner or manager can, in accordance with the features offered, publish and use their own content on the Internet via the Platform
The property owner or manager shall agees that contracts on the use of the holiday accommodations and hotels may be shared to travelers on inquiry or on booking requests.
The property owner or manager undertakes to represent all offer details, particularly all information concerning the holiday accommodation, fully and accurately.
The property owner or manager is obligated to ensure that its calendar is always kept up-to-date.
The property owner or manager shall only use the inquiring traveler’s contact details for the offer of the holiday property requested, unless the traveler has consented to further use.
Uses of Platform as Traveller
On completion of the Sign up process, the travelers can use the Platform within the features and benefits offered. This particularly includes administration of its own user account and sending inquiries, avail offers benefits and access to communication to property owners or managers. Its user account is accessed via a login and authentication process.
The Traveller can make contact with the property owner or manager via the Platform and make booking requests for their offers. However, We do not take any payments directly from Travelers. It’s suggested not to share any banking information like your credit card details or bank details through our communication.
The Provider aims to reflect the offers listed by the property owners or property managers as faithfully as possible in the offers, particularly the photographs sent as data files or printouts. The traveller should understand that scanning non-digital photos, and the settings of the particular monitor can lead to differences from the original picture.
The Traveller can post and share their reviews for the property they stayed in. The Provider may ask for relevant documents to verify the stay and reserves the rights to keep or remove reviews.
The Provider enables further direct communication between the accommodation owner or manager and the traveler via an enquiry via its own email server system. This makes it possible to have partially anonymised booking enquiries, in which the email address is filtered out.
The Provider’s employees can see this communication if necessary, but only insofar as necessary in order to guarantee security between the Contracting Parties and to offer a proper agency service.
The Provider’s communication system may only be used for serious booking enquiries. No phishing. The Provider reserves rights to delete or deactivate the user account if found any inappropriate activity.
The Traveller can use the Platform free of charge. However, there is no obligation for the Provider to maintain the Platform and specific features permanently (without charge). The Provider therefore reserves the right to introduce fee-based features or introduce a payment obligation for specific existing features.
The Use of the Platform makes the collection, processing, and use of personal data by the Provider unavoidable.The Provider shall pass on all requests sent to it via the enquiry form to the accommodation owner or manager of the particular holiday accommodation. The Provider strives to make the system safe. However, the travelers are aware that, due to the state of technology, the possibility of a third party abusing this system and being able to read or intercept messages not intended for it cannot be excluded.
Reviews and Rating
The Provider is entitled to publish customer Ratings and Reviews and Opinions on holidays with individual Homeowners or Managers on the Platform. There is no entitlement to publish.
Accommodation Owners or Managers are entitled to comment on ratings which concern them, or to publish a reply.
Travellers may only give ratings if they have full legal capacity. For each rating, a valid email address must be given by the Traveller giving the rating, which is verified. The person giving the rating must, if required, be able to prove that they stayed in the holiday accommodation being reviewed.
Any holiday properties offered on the Platform can be rated, regardless of the method of booking. The rating can be given by each individual user of Oversearentals . However, each Traveller can only give a rating once.
Accommodation Owners or Managers are prohibited from rating their own holiday properties either directly or indirectly.
Responsibilities and Obligations to use the Platform.
* The Contracting Party is obligated not to use any content on the Platform and in its profile which breaches current law or the rights of third parties.
* The Contracting Party is obligated to give true and complete information in its user account and its profile. It is obligated to update any change in its user account and profile data immediately.
* The Contracting Party is obligated not to use the Platform or information acquired via the Platform in order to send messages with advertising content to another Contracting Party or a third party, without their express prior consent.
* The Contracting Party is obligated not to register for a user account or have an account registered for it after termination by the Provider or locking of its user account.
* The Contracting Party is obligated not to disclose its login-details to third parties. It shall ensure that these are not made accessible to third parties, and take appropriate security measures to prevent improper use. Where there is suspicion that third parties know the login-details, or merely could know them, or use the Contracting Party’s user account, the Provider shall be informed of this immediately, and the Contracting Party must change its login-details. Any contractual partners of the Contracting Party who act in the name of and on behalf of the Contracting Party on the Platform are not considered to be third parties, if the third party has committed to the Contracting Party to comply with the Platform’s terms, and is notified to the Provider as activity from a representative third party. The Provider is entitled to demand appropriate proof.
* The Contracting Party is obligated not to use the data and content it has obtained from enquiries and use of the Platform or which has been made accessible on the Platform either fully, partially, or in extracts to develop its own database, for commercial use, for the provision of information, or other commercial use.
* The Contracting Party is obligated only to use the search functions offered on the Platform. It is not permissible to search using automated search algorithms which access the Provider’s databases.
* The Contracting Party is obligated to ensure that the email address it has given is accessible from the time of entry, and that the email account is not unable to receive messages due to forwarding, closure, or being over-full.
* The Contracting Party is obligated to check links to third-party sites and not to refer to sites with illegal or rights-infringing content.
* The Contracting Party is obligated to protect all data which it uses in connection with the Platform itself to the necessary extent.
* Insofar as Contracting Parties rate other Contracting Parties on the Platform, the ratings must be true and based on facts. Subjective or disparaging comments in particular are prohibited. The structure and formulation of the rating mechanism is the sole responsibility of the Provider.
* The Contracting Party is obligated to pay an agreed payment to publish adverts. The payment is to be made in advance for the period agreed. The value of the payment is calculated from the prices published on the Platform
* All rights to the Platform remain with the Provider. The Contracting Party is obligated to take this into consideration. It is obligated not to personally use – privately or commercially – the Platform’s sites or other content on the Platform, of whatever type (e.g. text, graphics, photos, or designs) beyond the options granted to it as part of using the Platform.
Oversea rentals Usage Rights.
* The Contracting Party grants the Provider a simple, irrevocable, free, and unrestricted right of use to the content posted, without territorial restriction, which is transferable to third parties and can be sub-licensed, for the duration of the contractual relationship on the use of the Platform. The Provider is entitled to use and exploit the content at any time, in whole or in part, in fulfilling its services under this Contract.
* The Contracting Party warrants that it is the holder of the rights necessary to post content on the Platform, and that it is entitled, without restriction, to effectively grant the Provider rights. The Contracting Party also warrants that the content is free from third party rights which could obstruct the granting of rights and use under the Contract. The Contracting Party warrants that the contractual use of the content as part of this Contract will not breach any rights, particularly any personality rights of third parties, and in particular, that any persons depicted agree to the contractual use of the contents.
* In particular, the Provider is at any time entitled to represent and publish on the Platform the content posted by the Contracting Party. This also includes the right to reproduce, the right to distribute, the right to publicly display, the right to make publicly accessible, and a right to carry out necessary adjustments and edits. This also applies for any trademarks or other labels contained therein.
* The Provider is entitled to use all information it comes to know via the Platform for its own purposes, and to aggregate, analyse, interpret information, and publish it in anonymised format.
* The Provider is entitled to use a Accommodation Owner or Manager commercial name, including any trademarks, as a reference for its own marketing. This particularly includes use in reference customer lists.
* The Provider is entitled to pass on the content provided by the Accommodation Owner or Manager to present and advertise the Advert on the Internet, particularly by so-called affiliate marketing to third parties.
Contract Terms, Blocking, Termination and deletion of User Account.
* Where the Contracting Party is an accommodation Owner or Manager, its Adverts are published for a period agreed and paid. Once the period for Adverts has expired, this is not automatically extended. Extension occurs via a corresponding instruction from the accommodation Owner or manager via its user account on renewal or payment and agreement on new publishing duration.
* In Case if the Contracting Party has paid for the booking guarantee and if booking guaranteed not met, the adverts published for a period agreed would automatically get an extension of 12 months. After 5 extensions if the booking guarantee is not fulfilled, the contracting party may be eligible to get a refund for the amount paid for the booking guarantee. However refund is subject to fulfilment of all suggestions provided by The Provider or their employees during the extension period to generate inquiries and bookings. If the contracting party fails to implement the suggestions in improvement in adverts, presentation and exposure of advert, it would be completely Provider’s sole decision to provide refund and Provider may choose to provide no refund and in such cases contacting party will not be eligible for any refund.
* The Contract with a Contracting Party on the use of the Platform is concluded indefinitely, and can be terminated by either side at any time at the end of the month, without complying with a termination period, and without giving reasons. The contracting party will not get any refund if they choose to terminate the contract before the termination period.
* The Provider particularly may choose to terminate the contract if the Contracting Party is in default for two consecutive deadlines with a due payment, or with a not insignificant part of a due payment or if the Contracting Party persistently breaches its obligations and responsibilities, uses the Platform in breach of the Provider’s usage rights .
* When the Contract is terminated, the Contracting Party no longer has access to its user account and any content posted. Lessors can no longer place Adverts.
* The termination and ending of the contractual relationship between the Provider and the Contracting Party does not affect any agreements between the Contracting Parties and Travellers.
* If the Contracting Party does not comply with its obligations and responsibilities, or for other serious breaches of terms, and where there are substantial, justifiable grounds to suspect a culpable breach of terms, the Provider is entitled, at its discretion, to block the Contracting Party’s user account or specific content.
* The Contracting Party is to be consulted before blocking, otherwise it is to be notified immediately after the blocking. The Contracting Party is not entitled to open another user account or to publish the blocked content on the Platform again.